Architects Magnus is an architecture and design practice in San Diego, California that specializes in livable modern architecture. The design firm is impassioned in the belief of regional architecture that is defined by place and that clearly aligns with the client’s lifestyle. "We leverage this opportunity by minimizing the environmental impact that is inherent in construction and development."
The office is directed by principals, Hector and Pamela Magnus, both California licensed architects. Though San Diego is the home base, the firm’s completed projects and consulting work range throughout the state. "We look beyond our region and are inspired by architecture from around the world. We take that inspiration and adapt it for a regional response that reinforces our passion for modern architecture."
Our target market is comprised of individuals that value functional, visual and tactile, sustainable design that speaks of our time. The goal is to work in partnership with clients to help create their home.
Our group includes state-registered architects, designers, consulting engineers, pre-qualified builders, highly-skilled craftsmen, and exclusive access to materials and furnishings.
Thank you for taking time to read about us. If you would like further information, please feel free to connect.
Our service area is limitless, though our current projects are located in different regions of California.
- Project Development Feasibility
- Design Consulting
- Architecture, Interior Design and Exterior Design Integration
- Design/Build Services with Qualified General Contractors
- Eva Ditler, "Beyond the Pole" San Diego Home/Garden Lifestyles, August 2015, 58-65
- Miller Residence "Your Rooms We Love" Dwell, Spring 2015, 84
- Maxine Ward, "Jewell Box" Pacific Magazine, March 2014, 68-69
- Phyllis Van Doren, "Small Wonder" San Diego Home/Garden Lifestyles, January 2014, 62-69
- Rowena Kelley, “Sophisticated Minimalism” Coastal, April 2011, 16-19
- Rowena Kelley, “Fresh Perspectives” San Diego Magazine, February 2009, 134-142
- Andrew Meyers, “Ground Control”, Riviera Interiors Magazine, Summer 2008, cover + 74-79
- Wayne Carlson, “Where’s the hood?” San Diego Home/Garden Lifestyles, June 2008, 67
- James Grayson Trulove, “Casa Max” 30 homes under 3000 Square Feet, Inside cover + 82-93
- Josephine Goodwin, “See World: Palmer & Krisel’s Pacifica”, Atomic Ranch, Winter 2006, 15-27
- Rowena Kelley, “Sense and Sensibility”, San Diego Home/Garden Lifestyles, October 2006, 54-59, 92-95
- Patricia Connell, “Open-Minded”, Kitchens and Baths, Vol. XV, No. 5, 2005, 88-91
- Wayne Carlson, “Casa Max”, San Diego Home/Garden Lifestyles, March 2003, 80-85, 90-94
- Toula Hubbard, Condit Residence, Builder/Architect, November-December 2002
- Ann Jarmusch, “Designing Women | Architects’ exhibit...”, San Diego Union Tribune, June 2 2002
- Jake Gorst, “William Krisel, Architect”, Documentary, February 2010
- Mike Siegel, “California Mid-Century Modern”, What You Get for the Money, episode HGFTM-403
- Tricia Craven Worley, “Casa Max”, KUSI 9/51 @ Home, September 2003
- Jewell Box, AIA [archi]CHAT, August 2008, Chuck Berry, chair AIA SD [archi]CHAT
- 24 Hour Design Team, San Diego Friends of Architecture, San Diego, CA, February 21, 2004, Harriet Gill, founder
- Forma:Origin, Women in Architecture, COVA Gallery, San Diego, CA, curated by Petar Perisic